Selecting the best Metrowest Massachusetts Realtor to represent your interests in the sale of your home, condo or other Real Estate is an extremely important consideration, especially with the Real Estate market being a little more challenging than in years past.
As a Realtor who has been in the business for the last 27+ years it often surprises me how little time is spent really researching the type of agent a home seller will be hiring. If there was more attention paid to the initial interview there would be a lot more satisfied clients. The questions below will at least give you some idea of the things to think about when selecting a top producing Realtor.
There is no better recommendation than a track record of success. As a home seller you will be paying a Realtor quite a bit of money to sell your home. Why not work with a top level agent? In most circumstances it does not cost you anymore than someone who does very little Real Estate business.
These questions will go along way in determining if you are going to hire a PRO or not!
1. How long have you been selling real estate in Massachusetts?
2. How many homes did you sell last year as a seller's agent?
3. Of the homes you sold last year, again as a seller's agent, what was the average number of days from the original list price to the accepted offer?
4. What was the average ratio between the listing price and the selling price?
5. What kind of market share do you and your company have?
6. Do you have a personal assistant?
7. What is your experience selling homes in my town?
8. Can you provide me with at least 3 recent references?
9. I have read the Internet is an extremely valuable tool. How will you market my home online?
10. Do you have your own personal real estate website for marketing homes and if so does it come up in competitive Real Estate searches such as State, City and the worlds Real Estate or homes?
11. Do you have a Massachusetts Real Estate blog and if so is it ranked highly by Google? Do you use your blog as a marketing tool to drive traffic to my home?
12. Do you use social media marketing sites such as Facebook and Twitter to reach a wider net of Realtors and potential clients?
13. Do you use video and virtual tours to market your homes?
14. When a buyer calls on my home will you ALWAYS be the one they speak with?
14. How will you communicate with me regarding your efforts?
15. Do you have a feedback system and if so, how does it work?
16. How readily accessible will you be? Do you have a cell phone that I can reach you on when I need to?
17. Once the offer is accepted will you be attending all the inspections on my home?
18. How will you verify that the buyer is qualified to buy my home?
19. What are your fee structures and why?
20. As far as production goes if I called the owner of your company would they tell me you were one of the top producing agents in the company or a middle of the road agent?
21. WILL YOU ALLOW ME TO TERMINATE OUR AGREEMENT IF I AM NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED?
When the market was booming and all you had to do was put a sign in the yard and add a home or condominium to MLS, picking a good Realtor was less critical. Not so in today's Real Estate environment where there are far few buyers in the market.
One of the critical components to picking a Realtor should be their ability to create a wide net to attract buyers. Over 85% of all buyers today find their home from an online search. You want a Real Estate agent that can give you a dominant online presence. Your home should be displayed on all the sites that garner the highest amount of Real Estate traffic. Want to see some of the sites with the highest amount of Real Estate traffic online? See my Metrowest Massachusetts Real Estate marketing here.
You should be looking for a Realtor that not only has a website but one that can be found in the search engines for terms specific to Real Estate in your market. A Real Estate website is far more effective when it can be found!
A good method of checking on the agents marketing skills is to "Google" their name. There should be pages and pages of results with an agent that knows how to market your home well online. If you don't see much I would really start to question the agents ability to attract the most buyers.
The premise is this: If an agent does not know how to market themselves how could you possibly expect them to do a good job marketing your home?
The last thing you want is for your Massachusetts home to Expire because you made a poor decision in picking a good Realtor.
Here is also a list of the mistakes to avoid selling a Massachusetts home.
The real estate interview questions above will get you started but take a look at some of the additional resources provided here that will help you select a great Realtor to work with. Never discount the importance of having a good real estate agent as part of your team. One of the top mistakes sellers make is not thinking the agent they choose to work with will make a difference!
Additional Real Estate interview resources:
How to interview a Realtor with real estate interview questions via Maximum Real Estate Exposure.
What you need to know about interviewing a real estate agent by About.com.
Use these resources to see additional interview questions you should be asking the Realtors you are meeting with.
I service Real Estate sales in the following Metrowest MA towns: Ashland, Bellingham, Douglas, Framingham, Franklin, Grafton, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hopedale, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millbury, Millville, Northborough, Northbridge, Shrewsbury, Southborough, Sutton, Wayland, Westborough, Whitinsville, Worcester, Upton and Uxbridge MA.
Bill Gassett Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work phone - 508-435-5356